What You Should Look For In Community Ed Software
– January 19, 2017
You’ve probably heard that management applications can take the hassle out of running a community education program. But how do you choose a software package that is best for your program? Here are some red flags you should stay away from and solutions you should look for in your community ed software.
A truly comprehensive community ed software will make your life easier. Some software promotes “going paperless” by replacing paper-based procedures with manually keyed-in versions. Computerized stand-ins for the same old processes is a paperless solution, but it doesn’t streamline your program or take the labor out of the procedure. Opt for a solution that helps different departments work together seamlessly and eliminates human error with automated procedures.
Another red flag to avoid is patchwork programs, or software that will only cover one portion of your needs. For example, a community ed software solution should work for both youth and adult programs. Not only will you save resources like time and money by using a package that can do double-duty, but you can also stay engaged with members of the community as they progress from enrolling in preschool, to after school activities, and on to adult enrichment programs.
Customer service is a huge component of community ed. Parents make both financial and emotional investments when it comes to their children’s care. They expect easy-to-schedule care and prompt responses to inquiries. But who is there to make sure you and your staff are happy? Your provider is responsible for delivering exceptional client support with the set-up of your community ed software. After all, you need a company that is ready to grow with you and offer guidance as you expand your footprint.
Here's what you want to look for:
- Fully integrated features –a single hub to efficiently handle multiple processes like billing and attendance
- Messaging capabilities to help reach parents and adult education enrollees via email or text
- A custom branded web presence
- Customizable landing page for posting announcements
- Features that fit your tuition and fee structures
- Automatic billing and payment processing
- Web-based calendar to show real time availability and make online booking easy
- Self-service account portal for parents to view policies, access statements, and send payments